Friday, August 22, 2008

Melt In Your Mouth Fruit Crisp

I just had to share this oh-so-easy and delectable recipe with you! I officially have a NEW favorite dessert...and it doesn't even have CHOCOLATE in it!

Melt In Your Mouth Fruit Crisp

Ingredients

1 c. shortening
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1-1/2 c. oatmeal
1 c. flour
3-4 c. fruit

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash, peel and cut up fruit into bite-size pieces. Place in a buttered 9X13 baking dish.
Cream shortening. Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal, and flour. Pour over the fruit.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Don't cover.

Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. ENJOY!

My mother-in-law gave me a ton of peaches and blueberries, so I used those last night. It turned out delicious! She usually makes it with apples. Simple and delicious ~ and a big hit with my family! That makes it a winner in my book!

'Til next time...
Brandi

3 comments:

Elizabeth Morrison said...

Do we get to see a pic? :)

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry, I didn't think to get a picture before it was half gone! :0) Next time!

Brandi

Momzoo said...

fruit crisp is one of my all time favorite desserts...or breakfasts. Sometime I will make the crisp in the evening and pop it in the oven before anyone wakes up. There is nothing sweeter than waking up to hot crisp in the morning.

(I only do this once in a while, since it really is a dessert, but hey, sometimes it is good to start the day with a little sweetness)