Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 11/10/08


For Today...

Outside my Window...Since it's 7:00 in the evening already, it's been dark for awhile now.

I am thinking...that after the kids go to bed, I'm going to enjoy some much-deserved quiet reading time!

From the learning rooms...we are finished for the day, but we were pretty productive earlier in the day.

I am thankful for...a fire in the woodstove giving us a warm home on a cold night.

From the kitchen...we just finished eating a quick, easy dinner...PBJ's and raw veggies for Benjamin, oatmeal for Addy, and a Smart Ones microwave dinner for me!

I am wearing...a long black skirt and a black t-shirt, barefeet

I am reading...Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand

I am hoping...to get everyone bathed, dressed for bed, teeth brushed, books read and in bed by 8:30

I am creating...a new schedule using MOTH...much needed right now!

I am hearing...Jack getting a little fussy and Addy singing a song from a Barney movie

Around the house...Jack is sitting in his high chair, Addy is climbing on my back, and Benjamin is writing the 4th chapter of his new book

One of my favorite things...is hearing the doorknob turn at 11:30 at night when my hubby finally gets home from work!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...a run to the store, children's reading program at the local library, school lessons, house cleaning...all the usual stuff...and, oh yeah, a trip to Home Depot to get materials for our new addition that we hope to be starting very soon!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Unfortunately, I've had a really difficult time posting pictures here lately, so that will have to wait for another time...sorry!

Blessings!
Brandi

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Just found your blog today, your kids are darling! I know what you mean about your hubby coming in late. When my hubby used to work very late I was always so happy to hear him coming in.