Friday, January 16, 2009

My Morning Routine

I've decided to join Crystal for her "Getting Back on Track" Challenge. I am struggling with getting some structure in my day. I have recently starting working out again and I need about 1 1/2 to 2 hours each day for my workouts, so that throws an already full day into a tailspin. I know I need to be getting up earlier, preferably before the kids, in order to get more out of my day, but it's hard to get out of bed early during the cold winter months. I just want to stay snuggled up for as long as possible!

So, I think establishing a morning routine is a great way to get started. I used to have a morning routine that worked very well and I followed it to the "T" for a couple of years. Those were productive years! But since my 2 little ones came along, I've had trouble re-establishing it. So, here's my plan for a new morning routine:

1. Get up by 6:00 am.

2. Put wood in the woodstove; start the coffee and water for hot tea

3. Bible reading/prayer

4. Unload dishwasher, wipe down bathroom, make beds, start a load of laundry

5. Make and eat breakfast, switch laundry, start school/preschool by 9:00

6. Exercise during Jack's nap at 10:30

This would be a great first half of the day. My plan is to start tomorrow, so wish me luck!

And if you need to get "back on track", consider joining us over at the Biblical Womanhood blog!

Blessings!
Brandi

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I CANNOT find time to work out. I co sleep. So getting out of bed 30 minutes early would probably wake them up and cause them to get up too. Which defeats the purpose.

I'm motivated!! I ordered some DVD's from Netflix. I WANT to work out but....when??????

Amy said...

Hi Brandi!

Hope your week was wonderful!
Isn't it so fun to start a NEW routine... NOT! LOL!

Praying that it was what you had hoped for :)

Hugs.. Amy