Monday, February 16, 2009

Sonja's Snapshots

Since I'm suffering from writer's block right now, I thought I'd share with you some of my mom's beautiful photographs. I'm constantly amazed at the shots she is able to get and I thought some of you might enjoy them as well.

This is my mom, Sonja:


She and my dad live on the beach in Florida. They kayak and camp and fish and she has her camera with her 24/7. She has a knack for finding the most incredible things:


Iguana (seen while kayaking ~ 4 feet long!)

Dove and beach daisy

Spoonbills


Blowfish

Dragonfly

Everglades

Turtles in love


Starfish eating a bait fish

This is my favorite

If you like the photos as much as I do, please leave a comment...I know my mom would be thrilled to hear what you have to say!

Blessings!
Brandi



8 comments:

Haley said...

Beautiful pictures Mom! Enough to make them all move here with us...right Brandi?? What is it, 10 degrees today? A blizzard? Yeah that's what I thought.

<3

p.s.- Idea for your new blog! "My Tropical Paradise Morning" or "My Sunrise on the Beach Morning", etc.

Michelle said...

beautiful...what a talent...and she's beautiful too.

Brenda said...

Your Mom certainly does have a talent for photography. These are as good as anything you would see in a travel magazine! My favorite is the dove, because of their big, round eyes--so sweet! Nice post, Brandi...btw, I've got writer's block, too :-/ Guess it happens to everyone at some point!

Ante Family Agrarians said...

Lovely pictures! thanks for sharing with us!
Peace, Kris

TOSHeidi said...

I seem to always have writer's block lately - my blog is a very boring place to be!
Thanks for sharing your mom's photos - they are gorgeous - I can totally see some of these blown up and framed! I also see where you get your beauty!

Jo Lynn said...

Awesome pics. My 8yo loves pink flamingos. She calls them party chickens :)

I am looking at a new camera with income tax. I have my eye on a Nikon. I can't wait for spring. The White Deere mountains are gorgeous in spring.

Jo Lynn

Sue said...

Love the pictures and am jealous. I can not take a picture that doesn't look staged. Oh well some of us have it some of us don't. And its so cold here but seeing those pictures warmed me up a little. Wish I was there right now. Take care. Writers block happens to all of us. I think right now its just cabin fever.

Brandis Mom said...

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments! And thank you, Brandi, for posting the pictures and all the nice things you say. I love your blog and sometimes find out things I didn't know, like - MOVING TO MISSOURI??? We need to talk to each other more! Don't you know it' COLD there?? Haha! Love you, baby! Mom