Monday, April 26, 2010

Seasons

I am finally coming out of a season of hibernation. I tend to "disappear" from this blog from time to time. I used to be embarrassed about that. I wish that I could be like those other bloggers who write interesting, witty posts every single day for months, or even years. But I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not like those bloggers and that's okay. I often suffer from "blogging burnout" and I have to separate from it for awhile.

For now, I'm back...although I don't know for sure how long that will last! My goal is to update at least once a week with things we are doing out here on the ridge and pictures of the kids for our families. We are quite busy and I have so many things to post about and so many pictures to show...

I'll never get caught up, but I'll just start fresh from where we are.

Jack turned 2 yesterday! Oh my...I remember posting about his birth and it seems like yesterday. Addy will be 4 in a week and a half and Benjamin will be 10 in a month. The baby is almost 5 months old already! Where does the time go?

We haven't sold our house yet. It was a very difficult winter out here and we didn't have many showings. They are starting to pick up now and I think it will happen sometime soon. We get tons of great feedback about the house. It's built with these beautiful hand-hewn beams that were salvaged from a 200+ year old barn in Virginia. But the property seems to be a bit "rustic" for most people. Our water comes from a spring and our road is dirt for a mile off the black top. We don't have air conditioning and we heat solely with a wood stove. We can't get high-speed internet and only one cell phone company works out here. It's actually quite amusing to watch "city folk" view our property. Even those that think they want a simpler lifestyle aren't quite ready when they see it in action. We keep praying for the right buyers to come along, but we know that God's timing is impeccable.

I'd still like to post my homebirth story, but just haven't had the time to write it all out. It was pretty amazing and I remember every detail. When the time comes, I'll get it on paper.

Speaking of selling the house, I have a showing at 5:30. I should be cleaning...

Blessings!
Brandi

No comments: