Saturday, November 15, 2008

Some random stuff

Jack

Well, Jack hasn't slept through the night since that last post...but, he has been sleeping better and I do feel like I'm a little more rested. I can't believe that he's almost 7 months old and still not sleeping through the night! My other 2 slept straight through fairly early.

Oh, well...this time that I have with my children while they are still small is so short in the whole span of life...the sleepless nights are a lot more bearable with that thought in mind!

Here's a picture of the little booger...isn't he cute?


Reviews

I've been quite busy this week working on reviews. I have a couple of new ones posted on my other blog, Homeschool Hollow. If you're interested in reading about various homeschool products, I'll be posting reviews each week over there. The two new ones are for the following websites:




Silent Sundays

Well, Silent Sundays has been a bit...silent...

I'm going to continue with them because it gives me an excuse to post pictures that I wouldn't ordinarily have a place for...and because I'm stubborn and I'm still holding out hope that it will eventually take off!

Join me tomorrow if you'd like to participate...I might be the only other one here, but hey, it's a start! Ha!


Reading Program

The librarian at the very small local library asked me to head up a reading program for preschool-age kids during the school year. Our first one was last weekend and it was so much fun! The preschool group from the elementary school came over, so I had 17 kids. We read stories about farm animals and made frisbies out of paper plates. This week we're reading about Thanksgiving.


Winter?

I'm not sure where winter is! The last two days, it almost reached 70! Sure, it was gray and overcast, but it was warm! I'm not complaining...

Today, it was a bit more blustery, but it still doesn't feel like the middle of November. I just can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving. It's kind of hard to get in the holiday spirit when the weather is like this!

I probably just jinxed myself and I'll wake up to 3 inches of snow in the morning...

Blessings!
Brandi

No comments: