Saturday, July 25, 2009

Show-N-Tell


Don't forget to join me for Sunday Swatches tomorrow!


Here are some of my finished projects from this week. I will be posting more on my Sunday Swatches post tomorrow:

I've been getting tired of all of the stained wood photo frames in my house, so I'll be gradually painting them, black or white depending on the room they'll be in. I decided to start with two from my bedroom:

These are cross-stitched pictures my mother-in-law made for us when our first son was born. We've had them hanging by our bed ever since. The finished frames on my bedroom wall:

They look really nice against the yellow paint, and notice my newly painted bedside table below this one:

Remember the cloth napkins I found at Home Goods? They became an ultra-cute pillow for Addy's bed:

One cloth was used to cut out the appliques and I love the fringe detail:

My mother-in-law gave us these stools a couple of years ago. I didn't really know what to do with them, but now that I've discovered matte black spray paint, it was an easy choice!

Total transformation:

They are now gracing my kitchen island and perfectly compliment the black appliances:

I must get everything from my mother-in-law, because she gave me these plants, too! I think she said they are Rose of Sharon. They came in these ugly plastic pots:

I used spray paint that is made specifically for plastics to makeover these pots I already had in the shed. I didn't take a before picture, but you can see from the inside that the original color was orange.

They turned out really nice and now they look real pretty sitting by the stained glass by my front door:

Lots of simple projects this week...with big impact!

And that's just the beginning...more to show you tomorrow!

Blessings!

Brandi

1 comment:

Simple said...

YEA Brandi!
Love all of it! Black spray paint is the best...lol!
Blessings dear friend.
I'll be joining tomorrow for Sunday swatches.