Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some good news...

The little ones do not have pneumonia! Not yet, anyway. Addy's cough still sounds bad, so I'm not holding my breath. However, the doctor said that both of their lungs sounded clear yesterday. Thank you for your prayers!

Addy has been put on antibiotics because her throat looked really red. She is still getting fevers and I'm keeping her on acetaminophen for now. Jack's high fever has not returned since yesterday morning and I have not had to give him anymore medications. He has a low grade fever that I think is a result of teething. He is pretty miserable right now and I really hope his first tooth will break through soon!

I'm breathing a little easier today knowing that, for now, they are not seriously sick!

On a different note, I wanted to share some funny pics with you today. This is what happens when Mom is sick and Dad gets left in charge for a week...



Notice the pizza box and fast food wrappers! I actually cooked most nights, but this was one particularly crummy day for me and I was so grateful that he brought food home...not organic...trust me, I didn't care!

I quickly got a handle on the mess when I was feeling better, so no harm done. The kids survived, we ate, we had clean clothes and dishes, and Mom rested more than I have in a loooooong time!

More pictures from around the homeplace to come...

'Til then...

Brandi

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Hey girl! Yes, it is VERY good news that the babies don't have pneumonia! Those pictures of the house though really made me laugh! MEN! I love you and I'll talk to you soon.

On A Hill Homestead said...

Wonderful news about the children! I can relate to your house pictures.LOL!! Yep, that's what my house looks like too when when Logan has to tend for things sometimes. heehee!
Peace, kris

Anonymous said...

This is what my house looks like all the time :)